Welcome to our Safety Bay Senior High School community! We look forward to developing a close relationship with you as we work together to ensure your child has a great start to secondary schooling.
Moving to a new school can be an exciting and sometimes daunting experience for students and parents and we appreciate how vital it is that you receive the support, care and attention needed to make this critical transition successful.
As part of the transition process, we would like to invite you and your child to join us for our Coming to High School Information Evening for Year 6 students and their parents and caregivers on Monday 30 August 2021 from 6:30-7:15 pm, in our school Gym.
Our engaging presentation will give you a realistic overview of what your child can expect in secondary school. We will also cover:
- attendance and behaviour expectations
- student wellbeing programs on offer from our Student Services Team
- what students should wear and bring to school
- learning programs and learning support services available
- social media and cyberbullying
Plus if your child is joining our Specialist Football Program, Cheer-Dance Specialist Program, Special Music Program and/or our Pathfinder Academic Excellence Program there are important compulsory sessions you need to attend. Here’s how the night will run:
- 6:00pm: Combined Cheer-Dance Specialist Program/Special Music Program Info Session-Safety Bay SHS Theatre (near Gym/Canteen)
- 6:00pm: Specialist Football Program Info Session-Safety Bay SHS Gym
- 6:30pm: Main Session for all incoming 2022 Year 7 students/families-Safety Bay SHS Gym
- 7:15pm: Pathfinder Academic Excellence Program Info Session-Safety Bay SHS Gym
Our experienced staff will also be on hand to help answer any questions you may have, to help your child make the important transition from Primary to Secondary School. We look forward to seeing you there!
P.S. If your child is joining one of our Specialist or school-based programs next year (Cheer-Dance, Football, Music or Pathfinders) don’t forget a 50% deposit is due by 13th September to secure their place.