Under the instructions of the WA Premier, Mark McGowan, all secondary school staff and students will be required to wear masks during Week 1.
Some exclusions will apply:
- Students will not have to wear a mask during physical exercise.
- Teachers will not have to wear a mask when speaking at the front of a class room or when doing physical exercise.
- Students will not be required to wear their masks when eating their lunch or recess.
- Similarly, staff will not have to wear a mask when eating for a break.
- Students with a medical condition or learning disability may be exempt from wearing a mask. Each case will be assessed individually. So please get in contact if your child needs an exemption.
Will parents be allowed on school grounds?
- Yes, but they will need to wear a mask.
- Parents are discouraged from gathering on the school grounds and should observe social distancing guidelines wherever possible.
How will school activities be impacted?
- The Department of Education has stated that the 4sqm rule will be in place.
- There will be a capacity of 150 people during mass gatherings.
- This will affect the Year 12 Ball, which was scheduled for Friday the 12th of February. The ball has now been postponed until March 26th. Click here for more details…
- School assemblies and Year group gatherings will still take place, but they will be staggered and will abide by the 150 person capacity.